TANZANIA NATIONAL ROADS AGENCY (TANROADS) is a Semi -Autonomous Agency under the Ministry of Works and Transport established on July 1,2000 and is responsible for the day-to- day management of the Tanzania Mainland’s Trunk and Regional Roads Network.The Regional Manager’s Office TANROADS – MARA, on behalf of the Chief Executive, TANROADS, is looking for suitably qualified Tanzania candidates for various vacant posts available for the project Rehabilitation and Upgrading of Musoma Airport; Contract NO. TRD/HQ/1023/2020/23 and Weighbridge Stations for the contract period of 24 Months.
8. POSITION TITLE: WEIGHBRIGE SHIFT INCHARGE (2 POSTS)
Key qualification for the Shift In-charge:
● A National form IV/VI certificate. Holder of Undergraduate Degree in any profession from any recognized Higher Learning Institution/ Colleges.
● Must be Computer literate (at least Advance Certificate in Computer Applications);
● Must be Tanzanian Citizen Between 35 and 40 Years of Age.
Duties and Responsibilities of Shift In-charge.
The shift In-charge who reports to the Regional Manager will be responsible for:
● Enforcing Road Traffic Axle Load Control by the use of weighbridge scale devices;
● Supervising shift activities that among others including: Weighing motor vehicles Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) > 3.500kg plying on our public Roads; Imposing road damage fees on the spot for overloaded vehicles; Measuring physical dimensions of motor vehicle or any load being carried on the motor vehicle for providing advices to transporter incase of non compliance with vehicle dimension limit;
● Recording all necessary particulars regarding the motor vehicle being weighed;
● Observing good customer care, dignity and integrity;
● Reporting all matters on Axle Load Control to the Regional Manager;
● Performing other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Regional Manager;