TANZANIA NATIONAL ROADS AGENCY (TANROADS) is a Semi -Autonomous Agency under the Ministry of Works and Transport established on July 1,2000 and is responsible for the day-to- day management of the Tanzania Mainland’s Trunk and Regional Roads Network.The Regional Manager’s Office TANROADS – MARA, on behalf of the Chief Executive, TANROADS, is looking for suitably qualified Tanzania candidates for various vacant posts available for the project Rehabilitation and Upgrading of Musoma Airport; Contract NO. TRD/HQ/1023/2020/23 and Weighbridge Stations for the contract period of 24 Months.
2. POSITION TITLE: WEIGHBRIDGE OPERATOR (1 POST).
Key qualification for the Weighbridge Operator:
● Holder of full Technician Certificate or Ordinary Diploma in Civil; Mechanical or Electrical Engineering (FTC);
● Must be Computer literate (at least Advance Certificate in Computer Applications);
● Must be fluent in both written and spoken Kiswahili and English Languages:
● Must be Tanzanian Citizen Not above 35years of Age.
Duties and Responsibilities of Weighbridge Operator.
The holder of this post who reports to Shift Incharge will be responsible for:
● Enforcing Road Traffic Axle Load Control by the use of weighbridge scale devices;
● Recording all necessary particulars regarding the motor vehicle being weighed;
● Observing good customer care, dignity and integrity;
● Reporting all matters of the respective shift in-charge;
● Performing other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Shift In-charge/ Regional Manager;