TANZANIA NATIONAL ROADS AGENCY (TANROADS) is a Semi -Autonomous Agency under the Ministry of Works and Transport established on July 1,2000 and is responsible for the day-to- day management of the Tanzania Mainland’s Trunk and Regional Roads Network.The Regional Manager’s Office TANROADS – MARA, on behalf of the Chief Executive, TANROADS, is looking for suitably qualified Tanzania candidates for various vacant posts available for the project Rehabilitation and Upgrading of Musoma Airport; Contract NO. TRD/HQ/1023/2020/23 and Weighbridge Stations for the contract period of 24 Months.
3. POSITION TITLE: PAVEMENT/MATERIALS ENGINEER (1 POST).
Educational/ Professional Qualifications:
● A National form IV/VI certificate.
● Must have a Bachelor Degree in Civil or Pavement or Material Engineering from any recognized Higher Learning Institution/ Colleges.
● Work Experience: He/she must have a minimum of ten (10) years of specific experience in Pavement/Material matters related to road/airport works. He/she must have served in a similar Capacity in at least two (2) airport projects of similar magnitude and complexity in the last ten (10) years.
● Must be Computer literate Proficiency in written and spoken English is mandatory.
● Self-motivation, able to work under pressure outside working hours with minimum supervision.
● His/her tasks shall include but not limited to ensuring quality and quality control of construction materials and works including carrying out design verifications for materials and drainage.