Host entity UNICEF
Country United Republic of Tanzania
Duty station Dar es Salaam (TZA)
Language skills English
Start date Immediate
Duration 12 months with possibility of extension
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.
Description of task
- Under the direct supervision of the Administrative Officer the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Support management of a team of drivers and a mechanic to offer quality transport services
- Prepare preventive flet maintenance schedule and ensure adherence
- Ensure that all UNICEF vehicles are maintained and serviced on time according to the service schedule
- Assist in the selction and appraisal of the transport service providers and make recommendations
- Liaise with outsourced service providers. Garages and car rentals for quality check of their services
- Completes quality check to make sure that all vehicles under services are supplied with genuine spare parts
- Ensure annual fleet insurance renewal and registration of new vehicles
- Prepares driver duty roaster and assignments
- Support driver training to update and build team capacity
- Provides monthly analytical reports on transport services and supplies
- Liaise with procurement for purchase of high quality vehicles and spares
- Maintains vehicle disposal and replacement plan
- Ensures timely payment of transport related invoices
- Provides periodic updates to management of fleet status
Required degree level: Bachelor degree or equivalent
Education – Additional Comments:
Transport and Logistics Management
Required experience: 60 Months
- Experience in Transport Management, supervisory of staff and vehicle maintenance management
- Experience in use of fleet management technology to extract reports and monitor fleet movements and safety
- Contract management
- Experience in automotive Mechanics is desirable
- Relevant working experience in developing country is an added advantage
English(Mandatory), Level – Working Knowledge
Area of expertise: Road and rail transport, transport planning and management, Vehicle and fleet operation and maintenance, Other transport related experience
Driving license: Yes
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Building Trust, Client Orientation, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Creativity, Empowering Others, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Judgement and Decision-making, Knowledge Sharing, Leadership, Managing Performance, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Technological Awareness, Vision, Working in Teams.
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup.
Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call for to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 04th May 2021.