Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization whose primary aim is to contribute to address public health priorities of the people of Tanzania and the world at large. These priorities include: communicable diseases such as HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria; Reproductive, Maternal, New-born and Child health (RMNCH); Nutrition; Non-Communicable Diseases of public health significance; as well as Health System Strengthening. MDH strongly believes in and works in partnership with various local and global institutions, Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC); President’s Office Regional Authorities and Local Government (PORALG); donor agencies; academic and non-academic institutions; implementing partners; civil society, community-based and faith-based organizations and others
In this regard MDH now invites applications from suitable, qualified and skilled persons to fill the following available vacancies.
- Position: ITF GHS PROJECT MANAGER
- Project: ITF GHS PROJECT
- Location: DAR ES SALAAM
- Reports to: DIRECTOR OF PROGRAMS
The Project Manager will play a critical role in the coordination and management of this new project of the Global Health Security Agenda information systems and Laboratory strengthening. S/He will serve in a team as project leader while guiding technical officers on inputs from various resources to a team of developers. S/he will coordinate and oversee leading person in designing plans, workflows and providing solution to challenges experienced during implementation. He will coordinate MDH, MOHCDGEC, PORALG and CDC
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Project Manager is responsible in Coordinating all project activities and reports from all supported Regions.
- Coordinates and convenes respective ITF GHS Project meetings between MDH and MOHCDGEC, PORALG, CDC and other stakeholders in the implementation of ITF GHS project.
- Work with MOHCDGEC, PORALG, R/CHMT to implement planned activities, roll out IDSR in selected regions and oversee orientation of R/CHMTs
- Coordinates M&E, Laboratory and HIS components of ITF GHS Project.
- Prepares and share Implementation/Performance Reports (monthly, Quarterly) with MDH senior Management.
- Leads and Provides oversight to the Lab officer to achieve planned activities in the lab components
- Leads and Provides oversight to HIS Officer in setting up a functional and integrated eIDSR and implementing day to day planned activities.
- Work with the Training unit to Coordinate and Support Orientation/ Training of R/CHMT, IDSR Focal Persons in the Project implementation Regions
- Provides Joint Supportive supervision with MOHCDGEC, R/CHMT
- Strengthens EBS at National regional and district level
- Develops EBS SOPs.
- Work with Finance department to monitor finance and expenditure reports and report in monthly quarterly review meetings.
- Work closely with the SI directorate to optimize project implementation
- Work closely with Lab department to achieve efficiencies and desired quality
- Do any other job related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
Requirements: Education, Work experience and Skills
- Bachelor degree in biomedical science
- Master’s degree in Public Health, epidemiology or biostatistics.
- At least 3 years of experience working in public health programs/ services.
- Five years working experience in program management
- Skills in project monitoring and evaluation
- Excellent command of Swahili and English languages, in written and oral communication.
- Experience in basic computer applications such as MS Word, Excel, Power point and internet.
- Ability to work under pressure and stringent deadlines.
Interested candidates should submit an application letter indicating clearly the position applied for, a detailed copy of their CV, and names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work related referees.
Applications should be submitted by 9th May 2021, to the Director of Human Resource through e-mail [email protected]. Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Please note MDH don’t have any recruitment agents and don’t charge any fees to the interested candidates