Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization whose primary aim is to contribute to address public health priorities of the people of Tanzania and the world at large. These priorities include: communicable diseases such as HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria; Reproductive, Maternal, New-born and Child health (RMNCH); Nutrition; Non-Communicable Diseases of public health significance; as well as Health System Strengthening. MDH strongly believes in and works in partnership with various local and global institutions, Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC); President’s Office Regional Authorities and Local Government (PORALG); donor agencies; academic and non-academic institutions; implementing partners; civil society, community-based and faith-based organizations and others
In this regard MDH now invites applications from suitable, qualified and skilled persons to fill the following available vacancies.
- Position: ITF GHS PROJECT LAB OFFICER
- Project: ITF GHS PROJECT
- Location: DAR ES SALAAM
- Reports to: ITF GHS PROJECT MANAGER
The ITF GHS laboratory Officer is a highly intellectual individual with enough experience in overseeing laboratory operations and administrations from personnel, facility and safety, test procedures, implementation of quality management system and strategic planning. He/She will work in collaborations with the MoHCDGEC, National health laboratory, Donors other Implementing partners and stakeholders at the national, regional and district level to ensure GHSA laboratory services are smoothly provided.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Project Lab Officer is responsible in Coordinating all GHSA laboratory project activities and reports from supported regions
- Provide high-quality technical assistance to improve the availability, use, and quality of diagnostics and implement quality laboratory systems required to facilitate the diagnosis of GHSA diseases
- Provide technical assistance to National Health laboratory and MOHCDGEC for the development, implementation and monitoring of biosafety and biosecurity activities including training and guidelines development
- On a gap filling basis, work with the procurement unit to source for and or deploy quality diagnostic platforms laboratory reagents, consumables, sample collection and transportation kits and other supplies for rapid timely and accurate lab tests.
- Work with the National Laboratory staff to organize and control lab reagents and supply inventory for the supported laboratories.
- In collaboration with MOHCDGE/PORALG develop relevant SOPs in relation to GHSA laboratory activities
- Work with courier provide technical assistance to facilitate efficient sample transportation.
- Liaise with Regional and district laboratory coordinators, laboratory managers and quality officer sat collection hub to resolve any sample referral issues and strategize on system improvement.
- Work in Collaboration with MOHCDGEC, PORALG, National Health Laboratory (NHL), CDC and other stakeholders in the implementation of ITF GHS project planned Laboratory activities.
- Work with NHL management to facilitate efficient laboratory operations and testing for the GHSA
- Support the National Health Laboratory to implement quality assurance programs for the GHSA laboratory activities.
- Work with the NHL and participating regions to coordinate supportive supervision/mentorship visits and provision of technical support for effective and safe specimen collection, sample management and transportation to the testing laboratories
- Work with the participating Regions, District Laboratory Coordinators and HIS officer to ensure efficient eIDSR components of ITF GHS Project.
- Prepare and share Implementation/Performance Reports with supervisor and MDH senior Management on monthly and quarterly basis and as required
- Participate in the development of workplan and ensure effective execution of the GHSA laboratory activities as per the approved workplan and budget and ensure the intended goals are met
- Collaborate with NHL to Coordinate and Supports Orientation/ Training of R/CHMT, Focal Persons on EBS, POE, in the supported Regions.
- Any other job-related responsibilities as assigned by supervisor
Requirements: Education, Work experience and Skills
- A degree or Master’s degree in health laboratory sciences or biomedical laboratory sciences
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in working at laboratory project management
- Ability to collaborate with government health institutions management and other partners
- Ability to work both as individual and as a team with minimum supervision
- Excellent command of Swahili and English languages, in written and oral communication.
- Experience in basic computer applications such as MS Word, Excel, Power point and internet.
- Ability to work under pressure and stringent deadlines.
Interested candidates should submit an application letter indicating clearly the position applied for, a detailed copy of their CV, and names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work related referees.
Applications should be submitted by 09th May 2021, to the Director of Human Resource through e-mail: [email protected] Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Please note MDH don’t have any recruitment agents and don’t charge any fees to the interested candidates.