Tanzania Health Promotion Supports (THPS) is an indigenous NGO established under non- governmental organization act No 24 of 2002 in 2011. THPS works in partnership with the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC), Regional Administration and Local Government (PORALG), Ministry of Home Affairs (MoHA) and Ministry of Health (MoH) in Zanzibar with a goal of ensuring accessible high- quality health care services to Tanzanians; through strengthening of health and community systems for comprehensive quality health services including HIV/AIDS; Tuberculosis; prevention of GBV; reproductive, maternal, neonatal, child, and adolescent health (RMNHCAH) services; laboratory systems and services and health management information systems (HIMS)
Tanzania Health Promotion support (THPS) has been awarded by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)- under the Cooperative Agreement GH20-2062 to implement a project entitled “Health Information System Development, Project Management and Coordinated Deployment for National HIV and Health Sector Systems in the Republic of Tanzania under the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR). The goal of the project is to support the Government of Tanzania (GOT) in the management, coordination, scale-up, and continuous modernization of Tanzania’s Health Information Systems (HIS). Specific areas that THPS will support include, but are not limited to: a) Technical planning and upgrading of HIS related to HIV/TB, particularly lab information systems; b) Strengthening data integration and linkages of diverse data sources and HIS; c) Improving data quality, data analyses, and utilization associate with HIS.
THPS therefore is seeking competent, experienced, dynamic and qualified candidates to fill the positions listed below.
Position title: ICT Officer
Reporting to: IT Manager
Location: Dar Es Salaam
Purpose and Scope of Job:
To provide first line of support and maintain IT systems and equipment’s at the THPS central office and all regional offices.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Respond in a timely manner to computer-related problems as necessary.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot problems related to hardware, software and the network on both user workstations and ICT equipment.
- Perform hardware and software installations, configurations and updates as needed.
- Resolve issues for staff via phone, in person or electronically.
- Maintain procedures and reports that provide technical support to the entire organization.
- Analyze records and logs to spot underlying trends and potential issues.
- Prepare ICT educational materials that will help build capacity of other staff.
- Provide training and assistance in the use of computer applications and hardware at
THPS offices and supported sites.
- Ensuring the safety, security and control of computer systems and data.
- Advice THPS supported sites on technical matters.
- Carry out backups and make restoration when required.
- Managing and updating THPS website
- Support the implementation of new solutions or applications.
- Execute other functions as required by the supervisor.
Qualification and Requirements:
- Advanced Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, Information Technology or a related field from a recognized institution.
- Possession of IT related certification will be considered as added advantage
- At least 3 years hands-on experience on ICT systems management, domain management and server administration including Office 365.
- Up-to-date knowledge of the latest IT trends and software.
- Working knowledge and expertise with a variety of software, hardware, and applications.
- Willingness to solve complicated problems and see projects through to completion.
- Analytical skills to study problems and identify solutions.
- Team-oriented attitude to help other colleagues and departments with technical problems.
- Strong interpersonal communication and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to manage time and effectively prioritize numerous tasks at one time.
- Ability to plan, implement independently or in a team.
- Excellent written and oral communication in English and Kiswahili
Interested applicants should send an email [email protected] attaching their application cover letter one page maximum and CV four pages maximum by May 10th 2021 with a position title as a subject line, for example: “HIS-MIFUMO Project Coordinator (HPC)”. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online.
THPS is an equal opportunity employer; women, people living with HIV/AIDS and people living with disability are encouraged to apply.
The deadline for submitting the application is 10 May 2021.