TANZANIA NATIONAL ROADS AGENCY (TANROADS) is a Semi -Autonomous Agency under the Ministry of Works and Transport established on July 1,2000 and is responsible for the day-to- day management of the Tanzania Mainland’s Trunk and Regional Roads Network.The Regional Manager’s Office TANROADS – MARA, on behalf of the Chief Executive, TANROADS, is looking for suitably qualified Tanzania candidates for various vacant posts available for the project Rehabilitation and Upgrading of Musoma Airport; Contract NO. TRD/HQ/1023/2020/23 and Weighbridge Stations for the contract period of 24 Months.
4. POSITION TITLE: ENVIRONMENTALIST (Part Time) (1 POST).
Educational/ Professional Qualifications:
● A National form IV/VI certificate.
● Must have a Bachelor Degree in Environment Management, Environmental Science or related displine from any recognized Higher Learning Institution/ Colleges.
● The expert should be registered as EIA expert within NEMC.
● Work Experience: He/she must have a minimum of eight (8) years of commulative experience on environmental and social related activities. He/she must have practical experience of supervising environmental issues in at least two (2) airport projects of similar nature and complexity within the last eight (8) years. She/He must have at least two (2) years of working in Sub- Sahara Africa.
● Must be Computer literate Proficiency in written and spoken English is mandatory.
● Self-motivation, able to work under pressure outside working hours with minimum supervision.
● He/She shall be responsible for monitoring of implementation of environmental and social management plan of the project.