TANZANIA NATIONAL ROADS AGENCY (TANROADS) is a Semi -Autonomous Agency under the Ministry of Works and Transport established on July 1,2000 and is responsible for the day-to- day management of the Tanzania Mainland’s Trunk and Regional Roads Network.The Regional Manager’s Office TANROADS – MARA, on behalf of the Chief Executive, TANROADS, is looking for suitably qualified Tanzania candidates for various vacant posts available for the project Rehabilitation and Upgrading of Musoma Airport; Contract NO. TRD/HQ/1023/2020/23 and Weighbridge Stations for the contract period of 24 Months.
6. POSITION TITLE: ELECTRICAL/AERONAUTICAL ENGINEER (PartTime) (1 POST).
Educational/ Professional Qualifications:
● A National form IV/VI certificate. Must have a Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering from any recognized Higher Learning Institution/ Colleges.
● Work Experience: He/she must have a minimum of fifteen (15) years of general experience in electrical works and at least five (5) years specific experience of working as Airfield Grounding Light (AGL) expert. He/she should demonstrate experience in the design and supervision of AGL works in at least three (3) airport projects of similar nature magnitude.
● Must be Computer literate He/She must be conversant with British and ICAO Standards. Proficiency in written and spoken English is mandatory.
● His/her responsibility will include review of elecrtical installation plans and AGL Contractors proposals for installing the AGLs.
● He/She will supervise the electrical and AGL installation, commissioning and testing of installed facilities.