NBC is the oldest serving bank in Tanzania with over five decades of experience. We offer a range of retail, business, corporate and investment banking, wealth management products and services.
• To participate in the study of banking operations and processes; design, build, test proposed solutions or modify/upgrade existing applications; to meet key strategic goals.
• To actively participate in systems/projects scoping, design and pricing exercises as part of the development and business teams’ processes.
• Work with Senior Manager Applications Development to ensure resource utilization targets are met in alignment with strategic objectives.
• Develop new products quickly or modify existing ones with flexibility, hence improve time to market, and internal processes.
- Study information needs, system flows, data usage, work processes, investigate problem areas and propose solutions.
- Document and demonstrate solutions, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear pseudo codes.
- Determine operational feasibility by evaluating impact analysis, problem definition, user requirements, proposed solutions and efforts required.
- Develop and conduct testing plans & procedures based upon system requirements
- Identify systems deficiencies and implement effective solutions
- Communicating and enforcing coding standards; and recommending changes in policies, processes and procedures.
- Develop and/or modify products with flexibility
- Researching, evaluating, and recommending systems/equipment/technologies
- Support existing and newly developed solutions with integrations via API’s based on requirements
- planning and delivering automated solutions to be used across multiple products and organizational units.
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities
- Support and develop software engineers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities
Knowledge on the trending banking software and technologies in the market.
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Aggressive Problem solving skills and follow through; Pragmatic and thorough
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies.
- Experience with varieties of databases and object-relational Mapping (ORM) frameworks.
- Must be a self-starter and have the ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Business Processes Improvement and Management
- Strong understanding of cross-browser compatibility, Web User Interface Design (UI), Security Principles, Object-Oriented Design, Web Services (REST/SOAP), Multimedia Content Development and API’s
Qualifications and Experience
- BSc. In Computer Science, Engineering or related field with informatics as core.
- Experience in multiple development languages in medium to enterprise systems, e.g. PHP, C#, Java, etc.
- Agile/Scrum and/or Oracle/Microsoft SQL MySQL, PostgreSQL certifications is an added advantage.
- Proved experience with coding languages Java and PHP is a must; Python is an added advantage.
- Experience with a variety of MVC frameworks/systems preferably Spring, Laravel, Django; Angular is an added advantage.
- 5+ years’ experience in a software development industry.
- Experience with integrations with Bank products/systems is an added advantage.
- Business Processes Management certification is of an added advantage (e.g. Six Sigma, BPM…etc)
Bachelor’s Degree – Information Technology, Experience in a similar environment