Tanzania Health Promotion Supports (THPS) is an indigenous NGO established under non- governmental organization act No 24 of 2002 in 2011. THPS works in partnership with the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC), Regional Administration and Local Government (PORALG), Ministry of Home Affairs (MoHA) and Ministry of Health (MoH) in Zanzibar with a goal of ensuring accessible high- quality health care services to Tanzanians; through strengthening of health and community systems for comprehensive quality health services including HIV/AIDS; Tuberculosis; prevention of GBV; reproductive, maternal, neonatal, child, and adolescent health (RMNHCAH) services; laboratory systems and services and health management information systems (HIMS)
Tanzania Health Promotion support (THPS) has been awarded by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)- under the Cooperative Agreement GH20-2062 to implement a project entitled “Health Information System Development, Project Management and Coordinated Deployment for National HIV and Health Sector Systems in the Republic of Tanzania under the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR). The goal of the project is to support the Government of Tanzania (GOT) in the management, coordination, scale-up, and continuous modernization of Tanzania’s Health Information Systems (HIS). Specific areas that THPS will support include, but are not limited to: a) Technical planning and upgrading of HIS related to HIV/TB, particularly lab information systems; b) Strengthening data integration and linkages of diverse data sources and HIS; c) Improving data quality, data analyses, and utilization associate with HIS.
THPS therefore is seeking competent, experienced, dynamic and qualified candidates to fill the positions listed below.
Position Title: Administration Officer
Reports to: Senior Administration Officer Position
Location: Dar es Salaam
Overall Job Function
The Administration Officer is responsible to organize and supervise administrative activities that facilitate smooth running of the zonal team
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Support the administrative office processes affecting:
- Internal transport services
- Stock control & Inventory Management
- Reconciliation of vendor accounts
- Coordinate meetings, agendas, materials, minutes, and follow-up activities with key Project partners
- Organizing the coordination of events, site visits, workshops, and conferences
- Booking and arranging travel, transport and accommodation for the team
- Carry out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning etc.
- liaising with staff, suppliers and clients
- Resolve administrative problems for the project
- Handling office tasks, such as filing, generating reports and presentations, setting up for meetings, and reordering supplies.
- Screening phone calls and routing callers to the appropriate party.
- Maintain front desk procedures including contact information, directions and frequently requested company information
- In collaboration with Program Staffs compile list of participants, write invitation letters and ensure its receipts and confirmation of attendance
- Liaise with the Finance team to ensure that people in the trainings and meeting are paid on time
- Preparing administration and program purchase requisitions, necessary Advance requests, Petty cash etc
- Work hand in hand with the field team to ensure that their travel authorization is done on time and they are paid on time
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Any other Duties as assigned by supervisor
Qualifications, experience & skills required
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent in Public Administration, Business Administration, or related subjects from a recognized College/University.
- Minimum two years office administrative support experience is preferred. Experience working for an NGO will be an added advantage.
- Good computer skills particularly use of power point and word processing.
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to multitask, prioritize and work efficiently.
- Be of high integrity and able to maintain confidentiality.
- Proven record to work under minimum supervision and meet deadlines.
- Self -motivation and good office management attributes.
- Reading, written, and verbal fluency in English and Kiswahili
- Ability to work under pressure and timely meet deadlines
Interested applicants should send an email [email protected] attaching their application cover letter one page maximum and CV four pages maximum by May 10th 2021 with a position title as a subject line, for example: “HIS-MIFUMO Project Coordinator (HPC)”. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online.
THPS is an equal opportunity employer; women, people living with HIV/AIDS and people living with disability are encouraged to apply.
The deadline for submitting the application is 10 May 2021.